When I first heard about Lush’s brand new, cruelty-free mascara I was keen to try it BUT being honest as always, I didn’t allow myself to get too excited about it until I’d actually had a chance to give it a good go.
I’m not quite sure why I felt like this, I think it was a mixture of me really wanting it to be out-of-this-world amazing while also being a little nervous that it wouldn’t live up to its hype. All in all, I think I was just full of mixed feelings over it because decent cruelty-free mascaras are very hard to come by.
This review will be in a slightly different format in comparison to my usual Lush reviews. I’ve decided that because it is a mascara review (and there’s only so much you can say about a mascara) that I’d make a bullet point list of what I personally like about it and then another bullet point list of things I think could be tweaked to make it better.
What I love about the brand-new Lush Lashes Lengthening Mascara:
– Its jet-black colour, I have really light coloured eyelashes that are somewhat invisible without a splash of mascara, I always ordinarily go for a black-as-I-can-get mascara as it makes all the difference for me, the darker the mascara the better and Lush Lashes is a brilliant black.
– It adds volume to your lashes and really defines each lash, it is also somewhat lengthening too and very easy and quick to apply.
– One coat of it is perfect on my eyelashes, it is however very buildable so if you prefer bolder lashes you can apply several coats.
– It doesn’t clump AT ALL, just one coat spreads the lashes out evenly, it’s so fine that it looks like I just have naturally long, dark lashes. One coat looks very similar to what my lashes look like after I’ve had a lash lift and lash tint. It’s the most natural looking mascara that I have tried and again, if you like a more dramatic and bold lash, just keep adding coats. A little goes a long way.
– A small amount of the mascara goes a long way making it very cost effective.
– It’s cruelty free. Lush DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS, their products are tested for safety and effectiveness on human volunteers.
– The mascara contains super conditioning virgin coconut oil and protective acacia gum, both of these ingredients work together to protect and coat the lash hair. I have even noticed that since I started using it, my lashes seem to be stronger, I have definitely noticed some lash growth.
– It is also a very easy mascara to take off at the end of the day, I use a reusable cloth to remove mine, all you need is to soak the cloth in hot water and gently wipe it away.
I guess now I should list the negatives. I’m always honest and I’m pleased to say that the list of negatives is a lot shorter than the positives…
What about the Lush Lashes Lengthening Mascara could be improved:
– The only real negative I have found with the Lush Lashes mascara is that after 6 or 7 hours it does start to flake a little. I’d however like to point out that 6 hours is a fairly long time for most mascaras, most dry out (enough to flake) much sooner than that. A quick sweep of your little finger over the tops of your cheeks gets rid of any flakes easily so it’s not a huge issue.
– The fact I can’t think of another negative to add to this list, I now feel silly for writing this post in bullet points. Haha!
Overall, I am really impressed with the Lush Lashes Lengthening Mascara and think it is worth every penny. I am confident that it will truly charm the socks off of absolutely anyone and everyone who tries it. 😊